Monday, May 25, 2009

Soccer on Saturday

Green boots. Check. Water bottle. Check. Manager, photograher and sister. CHECK!!!!. Jackets. check. Ready to go to soccer. “Raiden you will play defence first half” Groan. I HATE defence. No, wait Jake isn’t here. I play attack! YAY!!. Kick,run,header. Will I EVER get the ball?. Raiden wake up! shouts a teammate. The ball is at my feet. Running and sidesteping defenders are easy. Take a crack......... into the keepers hands. The rest of the first spell is one way to another. Half time. In the second spell I am on defence. YEAH! GOAL! WHAT?. It went over the crossbar I whispered. I take a shot. I miss. DARN!.I missed it by THIS much. Peep peep PEEP! Full time. Darn. We lost. Skill of the day goes to Max and player of the day goes to me. The Eagles were hard but they were better in the end. The Eagles had a narrow victory. Season objective - failed. Soccer was a great way to wear me out. Better luck next time.



By the fantastic Raiden James Frederiksens.

1 comment:

  1. wow raiden what an fantastic story !!!!!!

    from frederica.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive