Friday, July 23, 2010

A Proud Teacher


I am at home after the first week of school. By this time I am usually talking about how many weeks until the next set of holidays but this week I went home a happy, happy teacher. I went home full of pride. My kiddies in Room 13 made me so proud today the way they showcased their learning with their parents. Then they performed in their Kapa Haka group and made a lot of people cry from joy. Then I had to announce the speech winners which is aways a hard job as a teacher because it means there were students who didn't qualify for the finals, and I saw another great thing. A boy from my class who didn't make it went up to one of the boys who made it and gave him the biggest hug. If only the mega powers who run this world of ours could be so kind and thoughtful.

I just want it out there that I LOVE my class and all 29 of you make coming to school fun for me. I just had the best first week back. Let's keep it up !

Much adoration from your very proud teacher,
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. Am glad to hear you had a great first week. I love the picture and want to know what you used to get that effect. Also I too thought the Kapa Haka group were outstanding! VERY PROUD of the Totara kids. Well it's the second week Mrs Fale so lets make this another great week. Have fun with your 29. From Otalani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Fale, we enjoyed reading about your holiday. We are looking forward to term 3 too. Today we have learned how to post with a footprint. Follow our footprint back to our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Kapa Haka was fantastic too - its hard to stand out when the Puriri team are so cute - but you guys rocked. thanks for the sharing the morning with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! It's so nice to read such lovely things about your class and our children! Yes, I too was blown away by the Kapa Haka - it was full of passion and energy. Keep it up guys!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive