Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thunder and lightning netball game.

On Monday the 14th of may, grey Lynn 4,the grey Lynn netball team, had a netball game against  west mere. My positions were wing attack, goal defence , goal keep and wing defence. First I was wing attack. After about ten minutes of the game everyone heard lightning and thunder. Then the alarm went. Everyone rushed for cover. Some people said that the game was over and some people from our team, including me said "I wish we could keep playing". Then to everyone's surprise we got back on. One  Westmere girl elbowed me in the face! Then we swapped again and again. After that we looked at the score board. We lost by 0 points. Then mum,who is the coach, announced who was player of the day. It was me! Mum gave me a bag of lollies and a certificate. Then I opened the lollies and handed them out. What a fantastic night!                                                                                                                                            By Amy.



15 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Good on you for playing in adverse conditions - great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coaching us. Thank you very much for commenting on my blog. I absolutely love netball,especially the actual games against other teams. From Amy.

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy its Emily, miss you a lot. Sounds like a prity intens game insted I just did something diferent DISNEY LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love you Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops. Just saw all my spelling mistakes. I will try again.

    sounds like a pretty intense game. Instead I did something different...ETC

    mum is on my case about the spelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqui Watson (Felix W's mum)May 16, 2012, 8:06:00 AM

    Horay netball, my favorite sport! Although, on such a thunder-crashing day I think a nice cup of tea would appeal more haha. Go Grey Lynn 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, It was a pretty tough game!!!

      Delete
  5. Well done Amy, you did really well - its hard remembering all the rules and having to learn 4 different positions. I hear you had to play through lightening as well. Its great you all have such determination.

    anne (Board of Trustees)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy ,

    I remember when the thunder and lightning came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Romy, that was scary when the lightning came! Amy

      Delete
  7. we had so much fun haha :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. we had a lot of fun!!!!!! Thanks.

      Delete
  8. what an exciting game it must have been - playing in that thunderstorm!
    you would have been drenched to the skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We were drenched to the skin! Amy.

      Delete

Blog Archive