Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Totem Poles

We are finished our first attempt at drawing totem poles. We hope you like them.

First we looked at pictures of totem poles in a park in Vancouver called, Stanley Park. Then we watched a video on how to draw totem poles. After that we drew our own following the instructions. We did this in our drawing books.

Then we drew them on an A4 paper. Andrea then photocopied them and enlarged them onto A3.

We chose bright colours as the totem poles we saw in Stanely Park in Vancouver were brightly painted.

Now we are creating our own personal totems.

Watch this space!

Room 14











5 comments:

  1. What an exciting project Room 14!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I can't wait to see your personal totem poles. So tell me room 14, what story do they tell? Do they say something about the person who carved them or the village or land where they stand? I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Room 14!!! I would also like to hear the stories that go with these Totem Poles. Stanley Park sounds interesting I will come down to your classroom so one of you can take me there via the WEB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi the totem poles are awesome i wish i did one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There Room 14
    I love your totem poles. I have been to Stanley park and your totems are just as bright.

    Well done
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive